Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Forks home of Bella and Edward

I would just like to start off by saying this is going to be a LONG post so sit back and grab a cup of coffee and enjoy Forks! It was a FIVE hour drive from Bellingham, WA where we were staying to Forks, WA home of the Twilight books:) Conan and I got up at 6:30am and were off. Our first stop was an hour away, we needed to take the Keystone ferry over to Port Townsend (and let me just say that was so cool, I have never been on a ferry before that carried you and your car!) Port Townsend was such a cute town lots of OLD buildings and great people. After Port Townsend the next big town was Port Angeles ( for those of you Twilighters you already know that Port Angeles is also a very well know town in the book) Then about an hour later we made it to Forks. I have to say that Forks was EXACTLY like Stephenie Meyer's described it in the book, there was nothing there really. EVERYTHING in the town was about Twilight all the restaurants had signs saying Bella eats here and there were TONS of Twilight gift shops. There was even one shop that ONLY sold Twilight things it was called "BeDazzled by Twilight" and it was the busiest place in Forks. On our way out of Forks Conan and I got pulled over for speeding:( BUT Twilight was our get out of jail free card! The police officer said that as long as we didn't call him Charlie Swan he would let us go lol, and then he gave me some stickers that had Forks police department on them YES! Oh what a great day! Here are some of our pictures along the way!


The Start of our Trip

Arriving In Port Townsend
Almost there!




*******We Made it**********

Bella's Truck








By the end of our trip my good friend Lindsay (who we stayed with) was HOOKED! Let me just say that when I was reading these books she thought I was CRAZY and now she can't stop she is already done with book one "Twilight" and starting book two "New Moon" and its only been four days!! LOVE IT

5 comments:

Chuck Marunde said...

Enjoyed your story. Thank God you made it out of Forks without being bitten. I'm still here in Port Angeles today, and so far I've not seen any vampires, but I know they're out there. By the way, check out my online newspaper sometime: http://Sequim-News.com

Petersen Family said...

I AM SO JEALOUS!! That looks exactly like the movie...especially that picture of Conan overlooking the water on the rock(there are shades of Edward there...lucky you)You should have had Conan sit in crouch position(in a gray pea coat) and read aloud from the Twilight. What an awesome trip!

grahamfam said...

I look like a old lady with my glasses on the tip of my nose...Gosh this is a horrible picture...lol But yes, I do love the book and yes I did think you were nuts, now I am nuts right along with you...lol xoxo

Elissa said...

OMG!!!!! Melody!!! You are soooo lucky. I am so past the point of being jealous. I cant even stand. I so want to go there. Omg!And Bellas truck. I cant even believe it. That sounds like so much fun. I want to go there now. I will make it there some day some how. I wouldnt be a true TWIFAN if I didnt.

The Kim Family said...

Amazing pictures of WA! My husband, two daughters and I moved to Olympia, WA in November. We are loving it. How have you liked the name Melody growing up? We named our 4 year old Melodi and it really fits her. Beautiful girls, how old are they? Mine are 4 and 2!